- What is obsolete technology?
- What are some things that technology has replaced?
- What is a word for no longer in use?
- What is an obsolete word?
- What was the first technology?
- What are the 4 ages of information technology?
- What is hello in Old English?
- What is the weirdest word in the world?
- What is an old fashioned word for woman?
- What era do we live in?
- What age do we live in?
- What is the first invention?
What is obsolete technology?
Obsolete technology is any technology that is no longer efficient, effective, or useful relative to current technology that performs a similar function, but is superior in performance.
for example: floppy disks vs.
rotary phone vs.
What are some things that technology has replaced?
Throwback Tech: 20 things modern technology replaced
- Polaroid cameras.
- Gameboy Color.
- Nintendo 64 -> xbox 360, Microsoft Kinect.
- VHS Cassette -> DVDs -> Netflix.
- Portable CD Player/ Walkman -> iPods.
- Maps -> GPS systems.
What is a word for no longer in use?
adjective. no longer in general use; fallen into disuse: an obsolete expression. of a discarded or outmoded type; out of date: an obsolete battleship. (of a linguistic form) no longer in use, especially, out of use for at least the past century. Compare archaic.
What is an obsolete word?
Updated February 27, 2018. Obsolete word is a temporal label commonly used by lexicographers (that is, editors of dictionaries) to indicate that a word (or a particular form or sense of a word) is no longer in active use in speech and writing.
What was the first technology?
Our earliest technology? Made nearly two million years ago, stone tools such as this are the first known technological invention. This chopping tool and others like it are the oldest objects in the British Museum. It comes from an early human campsite in the bottom layer of deposits in Olduvai Gorge, Tanzania.
What are the 4 ages of information technology?
The Four Ages Of Technology
- The Premechanical Age. 3000 B.C.- 1450 A.D.
- The Mechanical Age: 1450 – 1840.
- The Electronic Age: 1940 – Present.
- The Electromechanical Age: 1840 – 1940.
What is hello in Old English?
The Old English greeting “Ƿes hāl” Hello. Ƿes hāl (singular). (
What is the weirdest word in the world?
Have a look at these weird English words and try them out as you speak with people:
- Poppycock (ˈpɒpɪkɒk)
- Discombobulate (ˌdɪskəmˈbɒbjʊleɪt)
- Flummox (ˈflʌməks)
- Curmudgeon (kəːˈmʌdʒ(ə)n)
- Lackadaisical (ˌlakəˈdeɪzɪk(ə)l)
- Woebegone (ˈwəʊbɪɡɒn)
- Lollygag (ˈlɒlɪɡaɡ)
- Frankenfood (ˈfraŋk(ə)nfuːd)
What is an old fashioned word for woman?
lady. An old-fashioned or extremely polite word for “woman” is lady.
What era do we live in?
We live in the Holocene (sometimes called Recent) epoch, Quaternary period, Cenozoic era, and Phanerozoic eon.
What age do we live in?
Scientists have just assigned three new ages to the Holocene, which is the current epoch in which we live. They’re calling this most recent age the Meghalayan, which began 4,200 years ago during a worldwide megadrought. The Holocene commenced 11,700 years ago after the end of the last ice age.
What is the first invention?
|Date||Invention or discovery||Articles on Explain that stuff|
|1–2 million years ago||Humans discover fire.||Biofuels Candles Car engines Jet engines|
|25,000– 50,000 BCE||Humans first wear clothes.||Biomimetic clothing|
|10,000 BCE||Earliest boats are constructed.||Ships and boats|
145 more rows